This guide will teach you how to make:
- Scenes that trigger at a scheduled interval
- Scenes that trigger at a scheduled interval, followed by a delayed action.
1. Scheduled Scenes are useful when you need to select a time or interval that will trigger the activation. To create a scene that turns a light on at a specific hour every day, click "Scenes" in your Vera menu, and then press "+ Add Scene" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Select the "Schedule" trigger and set the time.
As an example, to turn the lights on at 7 PM, follow these steps:
- Select "Daily" interval
- Select "At the time of day"
- Select "07:00 PM" in the next three fields
- Click "Validate"
3. Click on "Next Step" to select devices and a delayed action.
4. Click on "Select Devices.”
5. Check the radio box to the right of the light bulb, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and hit "Next.”
6. Select the "On" action for the light bulb and click "Validate".
Note: By default, the lights are set to "Immediately", meaning that they will automatically be turned on at 7 PM. In order to add a 10 minutes delay, click on "Add delayed action", check the "Wait for..." option, select 10 Minutes, and hit "Validate".
7. Next, select the light bulb and click "Next Step" and select the house mode the scene is activated for and the users that will receive notifications and to assign it to a room.
8. The last step is to name the scene and click "Finish.
Hurray! You just created your first scene and your life is that much easier.